Hey FitHair crew! I was asked a variety of questions regarding candida and hair growth. It’s a long video but I break down what are the types of candida along with a few tips to avoid it in your body and keep your vajayjay in tiptop shape.
Candidiasis is a fungal infection that can affect areas such as the: skin, genitals, throat and mouth. It is caused by the overgrowth of a type of yeast called Candida, usuallyCandida albicans. This yeast is normally found in small amounts in the human body. But certain medicines and health problems can cause more yeast to grow, particularly in warm, moist body areas. .
There are several types of candidiasis:
- mouth or throat, it is called oral candidiasis,or thrush.
- genital area, it is called a yeast infection.
- Baby’s bottom area, it causes a
- diaper rash
So … Can having a yeast infection or growth of candida cause my hair to fall out.
- Short answer is now
- Long answer it could cause issues
Here are a few ways Candida happens
- Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar
- Consuming a lot of alcohol
- Taking oral contraceptives (birth control)
- Eating a diet high in beneficial fermented foods (like Kombucha, sauerkraut, and pickles)
- Living a high-stress lifestyle
- Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of those friendly bacteria
10 Tips To Get Rid of YI Quickly, Naturally and Maintain a Healthy Vayjay
- Don’t sit in your sweaty clothes: Enough said..
- Eat Fermented Foods: Komucha and fermented vegetables (thick picked stuff like sauerkraut) daily. I add them to a salad or have as a snack. I like them.
- Take a daily probiotics If this is a regular case or you eat more processed, prepackaged foods and even meats probiotics are vital. Garden of Life or Life abundance probiotics are my favorite. I use pill form if something is off from time to time but I try to “eat them” instead.
- Reduce stress (yep. stress affects your ph levels internally and down there) — Enough said.
- Cut out fried foods and processed foods
- Juice a day and eat raw salad a day aka back on the green juice and kale salad #thefithairway
- Use Natural feminine products
- Cranberry juice 4 oz a day should be good – Organic if possible
- Let Air Flow In: Wear cotton underwear during the day and if your comfortable none at night in order to let your honeypot breathe
- Don’t Wash It With Regular Soap: Honeypot wash and that yoni oil are great for daily selfceare and balancing.
- Exercise. Yep. Working out helps a lot and being healthier means your body can balance properly. However, don’t stay in workout pants and tights all day or daily. Try to avoid staying in your sweaty clothes post workout or when your very sweaty (aka Texas heat) If you don’t have a change of clothes, at least switch to cotton underwear and use a wipe to remove sweat.