A close friend of mine recently asked me, ” What are some books, audiobooks and recommendations for staying motivated and uplifted?” It wasn’t long before I had a slew of recommendations because quite frankly, I am a self-help junkie. Instead of just sending her a long list via email, I figured I would pass along these tips to all. Reading, listening and writing are some of the best ways to get to soar and accomplish your goals but also stay motivated along the journey.
Whether you are are just looking for some new books to get into or in need of some motivation for the new year, check out a few things I listen to to keep me motivated and going.
Side-note: I couldn’t start this list without mentioning my book FitHair foundations. No matter where you are along the journey, this books is all about laying the proper foundation for a healthy lifestyle from the inside out. You can grab it on Amazon right now.
Here is a list of podcast I listen to every week. Podcasts are free so I try to soak up as much as I can from listening to podcasts each day. Some I listen to each day while others I tune in weekly or a few times a month depending on the topic.
- Joyce Meyer
- The Read
- Elevation Church
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
- Dave Ramsey
- Optimal Finances Daily
- Success Insider
Books & Magazines
My head is always in a book and it’s a great habit to incorporate. There is nothing like breaking away from technology and cuddling up with a good book at the beginning or end of a day. Below are a list of books that have helped me in the past and or some I continue to read to this day.
- The Mind Connection, Joyce Meyer
- The Battlefield of the Mind, Joyce Meyer
- Power Thoughts, Joyce Meyer
- Soar, T.D. Jakes
- The Alchemist
- The Richest Man in Babylon, George Samuel
- Women’s Health Magazine
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Dream Giver
- It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be
- Kingdom Woman, Tony Evans & Chrstyal Hurst
- StrengthsFinder 2.0, Tom Rath
- Wisdom of the Ages, Wayne W. Dyer
- You Have 4 Minutes, Rebekah Borucki
So, I broke this down into a separate list because the book list was getting very long. Ha! most of the books I mentioned above also are on audible or have an audio version. Anywho, here are a list of a audio books I also have listened too and recommend.
- Boundaries in Dating, John Townsend
- The Power of Intuition, Wayne Dyer
- Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
- You Can Begin Again, Joyce Meyer
- Destiny, T.D. Jakes
- Manage Your Day-to-Day, Jocelyn Glei
- #Girlboss, Sophia Amourso
- You Are a Badass, Jen Sincere
- Power Thoughts Devotional, Joyce Meyer
- The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg
Notebooks & Planners
If my head isn’t in a book, a notebook and planner are always within hands reach. Writing down your goals and or your daily habits is vital for success. It’s important to keep track of your progress on your journey but also writing down items means you have some form of accountability. Here are a list of my favorite notebooks and planners. It’s a short list because I am super picky about what I write on so these are my faithfuls and never let me down.
- Day Designer Academic Planner Weekly Monthly – Blue Sky Collaboration
- Day Designer Notes – Blue Sky Collaboration
- Moleskine Classic Ruled Soft Cover Notebook
- Moleskine notebooks – any to be honest
- Greenroom journal with soft cover
- 300 writing prompts journal
- Black Marathoners Beta running journal (members get this)