Think it’s impossible to feed your family on a budget and also get nutritious foods? Being budget conscious or cheap doesn’t mean you have to forgo healthy fruits and vegetables either. Here are a five cheap and affordable foods that aid in growing healthy hair from the inside out.
- Carrots: From carrot juice to soup, carrots are a hair best friend thanks to their being an excellent source of vitamin A, which assist in scalp health. Carrots also play a role in sebum production, which directly helps hair growth.
- Bell peppers: Bell peppers are notoriously high vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital to hair growth as it helps in the process of carrying oxygen to hair follicles and even form collagen. Low levels of vitamin C deficiencies can lead to dry, splitting hair that breaks easily.
- Pumpkin Seeds: They are powerful seeds packed with vitamins B and K, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, potassium and copper. Pumpkin seeds also contain vitamin E and A, which helps improves the skin tone and aid in the production of new skin cells and repair.
- Pears: Pears contain antioxidants, Vitamin K, and copper, which help prevent line formation, tone skin and keep it moisturized.
- Spinach: One of The FitHair tops greens for hair growth as it contains high amounts of vitamins. Like carrots, it also plays a role in sebum production.