Did you know February is American Heart Month? I had no idea until I went to the doctor’s for my regular checkup and let’s just say I had a come to Jesus meeting in the office. Whew! Child. I realized I am a hot mess.
In the past few months, I landed up with being my heaviest weight that I didn’t tell anyone. I gained weight. Lost it. Then ended up having high blood pressure. Yep. Stressed. So I am trying to not be such a hot mess and get my life together by not being so “together” and chillin out.
Running & High Blood Pressure
How am I a chillin out and dealing with my high blood pressure? By focusing on being a better runner and actually training again for my races, I have already lost weight and my pressure is starting to decrease. Basically, I am running around the world and enjoying life one step at a time to address my health issues.
Check out my video and let’s get to chatting more. You can see what happened to me and how I am getting my life together through running while having a massive real talk about high blood pressure and my health. This will be a series where I give updates, share information and tips on the journey too!
Information on Heart Disease
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. Below is some great organization and information on various heart diseases such as stroke, high blood pressure and heart attacks.
- Find out what you can do today to lower your risk for heart disease: http://1.usa.gov/13d8oBq
- Worried about your blood pressure? Here are some questions you can ask your doctor during your next visit: http://1.usa.gov/1wGp3ta
- It’s important to get your blood pressure checked regularly starting at age 18. Learn why: http://1.usa.gov/mRFcKh #AmericanHeartMonth
- American Heart Association https://www.yourethecure.org
- AHA Prevention Tips https://www.yourethecure.org/cvd_prevention